Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our New Addition


With the newest addition to our family, Derek and I thought we would start a blog to keep family and friends up to date with how things are going. Haley Nicole Allsup was born on March 16th, 2009 at 3:22 A.M. She was 6 pounds and 18 1/2 inches. I went into labor on March 15th which happened to be our first wedding anniversary, but she wasn't born until March 16th (her daddy's birthday). My water broke at Target while registering for baby shower gifts. We certainly weren't expecting Haley to make her debut as her due date was April 3rd. Derek and I have been spending the last week and a half enjoying our time with Haley. She is a very good baby. I am sure that she will be even better when she gets her days and nights straight. As of right now she loves to sleep during the day and wakes up about every hour to two hours during the night. She has a very healthy appetite and is already starting to get a little belly! I am looking forward to spending my days as a stay at home mom. Derek is very sad that he has to go back to work on Monday, but I am sure that Haley will still be daddy's little girl. Derek is great at helping. He looks forward to changing her diapers...especially the poopy ones. Just yesterday he completed a diaper change that only took 3 diapers. Haley enjoys pooping and peeing right as we are changing her. We thank God every day for the blessing that he has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment