Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Months




In 2 days Haley will be 5 months old. I know that I say this quite frequently, but I can't believe how fast time is going by. It amazes me how quickly babies change and how they move from one milestone to the next in a blink of the eye. Haley continues to develop her motor skills. She is getting very strong and is starting to creep when she is on her stomach. She gets frustrated very easily because she wants to get up and go. I have been informed by my sister-in-law that she is going to be a trouble maker just like she was :-) She is learning how to sit up and it won't be long before she can do this on her own. She officially did her first face plant into the carpet when I was letting her work on sitting by herself (I know I am a mean mother). Haley is also very social and loves getting attention, especially from strangers. It never gets old when people tell me what a happy baby she is!

Haley and I are continuing to find ways to fill our days. I recently started doing some work at home for my Aunt Carol which is filling some of Haley's nap time. We also attend events with the mom group that I am a part of a couple times a week. I have found it great to be able to go to lunch with friends a few times a week. When you are working, it is so hard to keep up with old friends and foster new friendships, but I have found that since I started staying at home this has become much easier. Now I am just looking forward to the cooler weather when we can walk outside and go to the park.

Tonight I get to go for a girls' night out and Derek will be staying home with Haley. It is a very good thing that he is better at getting Haley to sleep than me :-) I am sure that he is also looking forward to a couple of hours by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment