
The most amazing thing happened last night...Haley slept the whole night! Derek and I woke up at 4 and Derek asked me how many times she had been up. When I told him that she hadn't been up at all he asked if I knew what time it was. When I found out it was 4 I was shocked. She finally woke up at 5:15. I am hoping that this starts becoming a trend.
Haley is 2 months old today and I can't believe how fast it has gone! I am really enjoying being at home with her and seeing her change everyday. She is almost holding her head up by herself now. She enjoys looking at herself in the mirror and is a very social butterfly. Uncle Pete came over yesterday. She was a little fussy right before he got to the house, but as soon as I handed her to him she was full of smiles. She even has this little laugh that sounds more like a gasp. Haley has discovered her hands and I see her staring at them every once in a while. She loves to latch on to my hair and shirt. It is amazing how hard it is to get her to let go! Derek loves to make faces at her and she likes to try and imitate him.
On Sunday, I enjoyed my first Mother's Day. Derek made me breakfast in bed while Haley and I cuddled in bed. Haley got me a basket from Bath and Body works with "Sleep" bubble bath, scrub, lotion, and pillow mist. She must have known that I need a little but of relaxation :-) There is no greater feeling than being a mother and I am so lucky to have such an amazing family.




No comments:
Post a Comment